The best medicine is a good night’s sleep
Regular good sleep is crucial to health. ‘And who doesn’t want to wake up feeling refreshed and full of energy?’
- A good sleep leads to greater alertness, productivity, performance, memory, communication and safety, and can even affect your weight.
- If you are a new parent, shift worker or suffer from sleep problems, you will know that being sleep deprived slows you down and affects your day to day life.
- Most of us spend approximately one-third of our lives in bed, so it’s important that your bed is giving you the best shot at a good night’s sleep, good health, and no back pain.
Everything you want in a mattress, at a comfortable price
Choosing a new mattress isn’t always easy – what should you look for?
Beds and mattresses vary so much by price, quality, materials used, support and softness. A good mattress can last around ten years, which means you might spend 29,000 hours in it. It’s a sizeable investment, but not when you think a really good quality mattress might cost you $120 per year, or $10 per month or 33 cents per night!
- Come in and see our helpful sales team, and we’ll help you choose the right mattress for you. A ‘hard’ bed doesn’t necessarily give you the best support, especially if you are fairly light.
- A good spring system will give you support and make sure you are not disturbed every time your partner rolls over or moves in their sleep.
- The comfort layers will also determine support, how much you are “in” the mattress, and whether it conforms correctly to your body shape. There should be no air gaps between your body and the mattress.
So how do you choose a ten year mattress in a short shopping trip?
1. The first thing to know is that everyone is different. There is no ‘right’ bed for everyone. It all depends on your age, shape and weight, your sleeping style, your side or back preferences and possible health problems like back trouble, allergies, reflux etc.
2. When buying a bed you should ask lots of questions, and you should ask them of the right people. That means someone who knows about beds, not someone who just works in a department store on a Saturday.
3. Don’t worry too much about brand names; instead find out about the features and the quality of materials used.
4. Get help with a pressure imaging tool. This will tell you (and your partner) about your body weight distribution on your mattress and which mattresses will give you the best support. Using this technology we can narrow down the options for you, and then it’s just a case of deciding which feels right for you.
5. Try before you buy. Spend a good few minutes (with your partner if you have one) lying on each mattress that you like to get a good feel of the support, comfort and size.
60 Day Peace of Mind Policy
‘Still not sure about investing in something that may affect how well you sleep for the next ten years?’
Don’t let that keep you awake at night. Come and talk to our helpful and knowledgeable sales staff at any of our ten stores and get practical advice on good quality mattresses that will work for you.
Then, once you have bought your mattress, sleep on it for 60 Days and if it’s not right for you, you can exchange it for a brand new mattress. Some conditions apply so make sure you ask our friendly sales staff before you buy.
Standard Australian Mattress Sizes
Here at the Sleep Doctor you can have any mattress made to your specification and shape to fit caravans, boats, special size even bases that were perhaps made overseas and are slighty different in size to the Australian standard.
Sleepdoctor making bedrooms better.